Saturday, December 3, 2011

I Live with You

I Live with You was another very pleasing read. I really enjoyed the ominous atmosphere and the feeling of never knowing what was in the house. As I began reading I live with you, the first thought on what was living with her was her own shadow. My main basis for this initial assumption was the fact that it was stated that the thing or resident would always follow without being seen, with the exception of one or two people; and at this point of the story everything was completely out in the open. But then my view changed and as I continued to read I came up with a hypothesis that maybe it was a ghost or some supernatural being. I came to this idea when it(the resident) stated that it would go into her quarter stash and replace them with buttons; or when it said that it would take a bite of food, if Willard not been there. Subtle instances where it(the resident) would interact and live above in the crawl space also allowed me to assume that the point of view was from something supernatural. But then I questioned myself once again and thought that it was possible just somebody who looked like her and lived in her house because it(resident) said that it looked like her and that she could unfold boxes therefore being able to take over her life. In addition to that the interaction of when she revealed herself to Willard and Nora from under the bed was very convincing that maybe it was a human who was very sly. Even when I considered this conclusion I still felt like something was amiss.  Nevertheless, I feel that the suspension and feeling of always wondering who was watching Nora and Willard, was a fantastic setup. Overall I’d have to say that this was a sufficiently good read.

No comments:

Post a Comment